Pages

25 August 2009

Confused beginnings

This evening we commenced the community reflection in preparation for the Provincial Chapter. We began with the personal review of the first theme: Return to Don Bosco. I shared my reflection about my resolve to take up reading some matter on Don Bosco and the history of the congregation. Surprisingly I noticed that both my readings of the history of the congregation outside Turin, that of England and Poland, revealed another angle of our ministry.... not all things are always rosy and inspiring. Both these places, it looks like, we started off on a wrong foot. Not that the intention was lacking or the time was not proper but perhaps the pioneers were not really exemplary - at least, for those times. In England we have the Provincial of the new Province who is unable to carry out his responsibilities and in Poland we have Fr Bronislaw Marckiewicz who takes off at a tangent. The congregation placed quite a bit of responsibility on their shoulders but it turned out to be a fiasco.

Anyway, I suppose God knows how to write straight on crooked lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...